Monday, April 16, 2007

Just had to share!

SO when I was with my sister on Friday she did the sweetest thing......we went to a restaurant and right when we sat down she pulled something out of her purse and set it on the table. She grabbed my hand and told me how much she loved me and that she want to give me something that was very important to her. You see my aunt died about 10 years ago, actually she committed suicide.....another long story but I was never given anything from my uncle of hers not even a sock which trust me I would have taken anything, I loved her so much. Anyways my sister was given this amazing gold watch and she told me that when ever she was feeling low or out of control or just lost in general she would go to her watch and it always brought her comfort. My sister and my aunt were very close! My sister said that she knew I would get threw this and that not all sadness had to end in death or tragedy. She told me that she believed one reason for my aunts life was to teach her how patient to be with me and to learn from struggles and try to understand them. I was so shocked when she handed me the watch that I have heard so much about! It is beautiful and I know this sounds weird but I took it out and looked at the inside of the watch and there is what looks like skin or old sweat on the watch, that may sound gross or odd but I don't know how else to explain it, anyways it made me so grateful for having got the time I did with my aunt and most of all the time I have spent with my sister, I'm so grateful for her and our new found relationship! I love you G!

3 comments:

æ said...

wow, Lauren--how touching!

take care.

ae

sarah said...

lauren,
wow. what a sweet story, thank you for sharing.

love lulu

Feisty Frida said...

super sweet