Thursday, July 5, 2007

Yum puffins~

Ok so not sure if any of you have this particular store by you Trader Joe's? Anyways they have the best freaking cereal called puffins, so yummy in fact I cannot stop munching, no binge just simple munch :)
SO I have the worst story ever to tell, Tuesday night my gf's and I went out because as you all know or should the 3rd is always an awesome bar night, anyways one of my gfs is in the midst of a divorce and her soon to be ex was actually out with us, they had decided to be friends or so we thought. Well after a late night of drinking we went home and so did they, at 8:30 Wed morning I got a text from my friend telling me that M her husband had beat the shit out of her and was in jail! Ok first thing first.....she is ok I spent yesterday evening with her and stayed the night I did not want her to be alone, next What Kind Of a MAN does that shit?????? ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME????? Who that is 6'1 probably 190 picks up the mother of there child who by the way is like 95 lbs (not ed just small) and throws her over and over and over and over against the wall, strangles her, drags her down the hall by her leg and tells her they are going to knock there f'ing nose off there f'ing face!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
When I got to her house I wanted to cry she was so bruised up and she could barely pull the door open, her little face looked so puffy like she was crying all day. What is wrong with people? I don't understand how some people can just snap like that, he was totally fine in fact I hung out with him almost the whole night! He was talking about how happy he was that they were going to be friends and then they get home and he gets no ass so he flips out!
My gf thankfully got away finally after he came at her closed fisted and luckily stopping 1/2 of an inch before touching her face! God I love that girl and I am so proud of her for going to the police and for having the strength to say enough is enough and I'm done. She has been so upset about having to be so honest with there 8 y/o daughter but she also knows that there daughter is fully aware of what is going on and she wants to make sure she knows this is NEVER ok!
What a woman!!!!
So I know this seems so minor after reading that but I have been a bit stressed out after I made a stupid move last night by getting on the scale. It actually was 5 lbs less than I thought it was going to be which was nice to see, but now I know and now Im gonna go into tunnel vision if I don't get to a meeting asap!!!! Good thing there is one on Saturday!!!! I NEED IT!!
I have not gotten a call from my therapist since I left and Im totally bummed, I miss her and I want to talk, I need to talk, I have to talk, god that seems like all I do lately!
I'm at work right now and I'm totally bored and tired and irritated I miss talking about my feelings!!!!!! Irritated is always a safe one! Well my friends, till later I want to smoke!!! ERRRRRRR Now Im gonna have to find a way to quit that! Will it ever end?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That is unbelievable! What a nightmare. I'm glad you could be there for your friend.

I had a hard time adjusting from "full-time" to "part-time" recovery too. Just think how amazing it is that you want to talk now! You have come so far.

As far as the smoking I know this will sound weird but I wouldn't try to quit now. You don't need that stress right now sweetie.

I am sooo proud of you. But stay off that scale okay? I know you can do it!

xoxo
Sarah

Carla said...

First off, I LOVE puffins!

As for your friend, I am so proud of her for standing up not only for herself, but for her child as well.

I know it's hard, but you CAN do this. It's okay if it's two steps forward and one back. We didn't get sick overnight and unfortunately we won't get well overnight either.

I agree with Sarah on the smoking comments, but will support you no matter what you decide.

Speaking of which, I hope it's okay I'm here reading and commenting.

Lastly, YIPPEE to us Bay Area Girlies! :)

æ said...

hey Lauren,
call your therapist if you want to talk to her--it can't hurt and I'm sure she'd love to hear about how you're doing. I would.

You sound like such a caring friend--I love that about you.

ae

PTC said...

That is so horrible. She's lucky to have to have you around.

Stay off the scale, Lauren!! You've worked too hard to get sucked back in.

lauren said...

Sarah- thank you and I so know you are right about the smoking, I hate giving up all my bad habbits though!!! hahaha!!!
ERRRRRRRRR
xoxo

Carla-
Girl Im so excited to have met a local!!!!!!!!! xoxox

ae- I so know you are right infact I'm gonna email her right now!!!! Thank you sweet woman!
xoxox

PTC-
God I know you are right too!!!! Downward cycle if I even start!!! I will explain in my post!!!
xoxoxo
Hey you stay off the damn thing too!!!!!!

PTC said...

No way in hell, Lauren!

Feisty Frida said...

That is such a nightmare, your poor friend...my god.

Love
FF