Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Proof that life can be amazing

I just had to share what just happened at work!!!!!!!
As many of you know I work in a training center for Home Dialysis, anyways we have a patient who was in for her monthly visit and I was in the room drawing her labs when all of the sudden the Dr. walked in and told her that they have a kidney and that she needed to get down to UC Davis for a transplant.........
Can you imagine going in for a monthly check and walking out knowing that your life is about to change!!!!!!!
Here's to you Mrs. C!!!!
GO GET EM!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE MY JOB

6 comments:

Carla said...

OMG that is amazing!

You better give us the update on this patient because I'm gonna be wondering.

I'm glad you were there to share in the excitement, Love.

quintarantino said...

Glad you love your job and get to help people that much. Good for you, "Laur"...
... ah, there's a goodie on my post today... check it out...

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

it's events like this that make one belief in miracles.

Thanks for the comment on the portuguese man of war blog. I love Boston but would love to live out in California near the ocean and not have to deal with snow.

Paul

Sarah said...

That is so wonderful. So wonderful! Please keep us posted.

You know, we have all gotten a lot of comfort knowing that Dave's organs went to six different people. Of course we would rather have him back. But it's so completely like him to keep helping people even after he passed. It makes me proud.

love you

xoxo

Beth said...

It must feel great to be able to make such an impact in peoples' lives. I hope things are turning around for this lady!

How are you feeling after your procedure? Still sore from the lipo? I was bruised for weeks after, and numb, but I'm a little evious of you getting it, as I would like some more lipo! What a mean dr. for not giving you meds.

Feisty Frida said...

Lauren that is such a great story!!! Thank you for sharing that!!!!! Totally made my day!

xoxo