Monday, October 20, 2008

Below is a wonderful poem Audrey Hepburn wrote when asked to share her "beauty tips." It was read at her funeral years later. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

6 comments:

Jade said...

I love Audrey Hepburn. Those are very powerful words dedicated to her. Thank you for sharing. I actually needed to read something like that.

I was going to call you the other night in my balling fit of sadness, but didn't know what number to call. So you'll have to let me know how to get a hold of you. (via email or call me) I'm over crying but could always use your sassiness and a few giggles. Hope to touch basis with you soon.

PTC said...

I hope you're using both your hands!

Jade said...

Thanks for the comment love, it helped to start me off with some positive energy this morning.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

hey...i left a comment here and the comment box ate it.

So here I go again. I love Audrey Hepburn...a strong personality. What a woman and these are strong wonderful words..They guide a person into becoming the best person one could possibly be.

a person said to me all the things that she didn't like about me. I left it at that. I wanted to ask...if she could think of anything she liked about me. Those traits she disliked were what others liked about me.

Some look for the worst...others for the best...I like Audreys's view and that is looking for the best in people.

xoxoxoxox

Summer Jen said...

Those are beautiful words, just incredible. I'm so glad you shared them. I actually just watched a biography on her, and she lead quite a full life. She probably felt her share of ups and downs, but she seems to be a woman of compassion. The kind of woman described in this post is the kind of woman I want to be.

Unknown said...

So beautiful!